Smoked Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
This Smoked Bacon Wrapper Asparagus is not only easy and delicious but also Whole30 and Paleo approved. It makes a great healthy side dish, appetizer, or addition to brunch!
- 1 Bunch Asparagus
- 1 lb Bacon Whole30 Compliant
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
Clean the asparagus and trim 1-2 inches from the bottom removing the woody ends.
Place asparagus in a shallow dish and drizzle with oil, apple cider vinegar, and sprinkle with seasonings.
Use your hands to coat asparagus evenly.
Take 3-4 spears of asparagus and wrap with one piece of raw bacon creating a bundle.
Preheat the smoker for 5-10 minutes and then place asparagus bundles straight onto the grill and smoke for 10-15 minutes. See Notes
Turn heat up to medium and grill for approximately 10 minuter per side or until bacon is crisp and cooked thoroughly.
Remove from grill and enjoy!
- To make this recipe without a smoker simply preheat your grill and grill on medium heat for 10 minutes on each side or until the bacon is crispy.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- I have found that the best way to reheat this recipe is on a skillet just until warmed or in the air fryer on a medium-low heat just until warmed.
Sodium: 668mg | Calcium: 18mg | Vitamin C: 3mg | Vitamin A: 447IU | Sugar: 1g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 236mg | Cholesterol: 37mg | Calories: 281kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Fat: 26g | Protein: 8g | Carbohydrates: 3g | Iron: 2mg