Chicken Lettuce Wraps that are Whole30, Paleo and completely delicious! They are packed with flavor and so easy, you’ll have a quick dinner on the table in no time! Dairy free, gluten free, and sweetened naturally.
This recipe uses Nom Nom Paleo’s hoisin sauce, and you guys…. if you haven’t tried it yet, prepare yourselves and muster up the will power to not eat it all by the spoonful.
These lettuce wraps are truly delicious, I might even venture to say tastier than P.F. Changs lettuce wraps and certainly healthier! My boys ditch the lettuce wraps and eat serving after serving of this filling by the bowlful.
They come together so quickly and I highly recommend doubling the recipe for leftovers the next day!
Chicken Lettuce Wraps: Ingredients
Rice Wine Vinegar
Head of Butter or Greenleaf Lettuce
Salt & Pepper
You can find the recipe for Nom Nom Paleo’s hoisin sauce here. It’s an easy, one pan recipe (my fav!). Let everything simmer, blend, done! It’s so good, you’ll be looking for things to slather it on.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps: How To
Make the hoisin sauce first, this takes no time!
Sauté the onions, garlic, and vegetables in avocado oil until onions are translucent.
Add the ground chicken and cook fully until crumbled.
Stir in the vinegar, coconut aminos, and ginger.
Add in the hoisin sauce and mix well before stirring in the chopped water chestnuts and cashew pieces.
Lettuce for Serving
I have found that butter lettuce and green leaf lettuce are the best types of lettuce to use, as they are just flexible enough to hold the goods and not break apart.
I love to use living butter lettuce because it lasts longer with the roots still attached! Simply wash well and dry before filling!
Serve over butter or iceberg lettuce cups and top with green onions and more cashews or whatever your heart desires!
Chicken Lettuce Wraps: Leftovers!
I am a leftover lover, and this is one of the best! Leftovers are one of the best keys to whole30 success. You won’t regret doubling this recipe!
Chicken Lettuce Wrap (Whole30, Paleo)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 lb ground chicken
- 1 large white onion diced
- 2 large celery stalks diced
- 2 large carrots peeled and diced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp freshly ground ginger
- 1 batch Nom Nom Paleo Hoisin Sauce see notes
- 1 8 oz can water chesnuts drained and diced
- ¼ cup raw cashew pieces more for garnishing
- 1 head butter or green leaf lettuce
- green onion for garnishing
- Make Nom Nom Paleo Hoisin Sauce, see notes.
- Saute onion, celery, carrots in large pan with avocado oil until onions are translucent
- Add in chicken, season with salt and pepper, cook until crumbled and fully cooked.
- Stir in vinegar, coconut aminos, and ginger.
- Add in Hoisin Sauce and combine well.
- Stir in water chesnuts and cashews.
- Serve in lettuce and top with green onions and cashews.