This coconut curry with sausage and peppers is Whole30 and Paleo compatible and makes a perfect healthy and quick weeknight dinner! It’s a delicious thai dish that the entire family will love and is 100% a kid approved meal!
Disclaimer: Please note, some of the links on this page are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through one of those links. I personally own and use every product recommended and love them enough to share with you.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Red Curry Paste - Thai Kitchen makes my favorite brand which makes this dinner so quick and easy! You can find it here!
- Sausage - Make sure to check the ingredients to remain Whole30 compliant. Aidell’s Chicken Apple Sausage is my favorite Whole30 compliant brand. Trader Joe’s carries a couple compliant options as well.
- Canned Coconut Milk - While light coconut milk will certainly work, I highly recommend using full fat coconut milk to make this dish insanely creamy and delicious!
- Bell Peppers - Red or orange are great options!
- Avocado or olive oil
Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat.
Add sausage, peppers, and onions and cook until sausage is browned and onions and peppers are soft and beginning to brown.
Add curry paste and canned coconut milk and mix well.
Allow dish to come to a simmer for 2-5 minutes until sauce thickens.
Serve over these mashed sweet potatoes.
Curry paste is the staple base in many thai dishes. It is a paste traditionally consisting of red chili peppers, garlic, lemongrass, shallots, turmeric, and coriander root.
What to serve with this recipe?
My favorite way to serve this coconut curry recipe is over these mashed sweet potatoes. There are so many delicious sweet and savory flavors in this dish!
Save this recipe for later, pin it here!
More Whole30 Dinner Recipes
Coconut Curry with Sausage and Peppers | Whole30, Paleo
- 4 oz jar Red Curry Paste
- 1 package Whole30 Compliant Sausage
- 1 Can Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 2 Large Bell Peppers cut into strips
- 1 Large Sweet Onion cut into strips
- 1 Tbsp Avocado or Olive Oil
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat.
- Add sausage, peppers, and onions and cook until sausage is browned and onions and peppers are soft and beginning to brown.
- Add curry paste and canned coconut milk and mix well.
- Allow dish to come to a simmer for 2-5 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Serve over these mashed sweet potatoes.