This Whole30 Loaded Buffalo Ranch Potato Salad is the perfect healthy side dish! A great addition to your backyard summer BBQs, or quick and easy weeknight meals. It is loaded with all the good things; bacon, red and green onions, and a delicious Whole30 buffalo ranch dressing.
I honestly wasn’t planning on creating a post for this recipe, because I thought “does the world really need another potato salad recipe?” After making it for the fourth time to take along on our summer road trips, my husband insisted that the world needs this potato salad recipe.
It’s packed with flavor from the bacon to the onions, the cheesy flavor of the nutritional yeast, and the slightly spicy buffalo ranch dressing. It has quickly become a favorite side dish, not just because it’s healthy and delicious, but it’s extremely easy to make!
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Whole30 Loaded Buffalo Ranch Potato Salad: Ingredients
- Red Potatoes
- Whole30 Compliant Bacon + Reserved Bacon Fat - check your ingredients! Pederson’s is a great Whole30 compliant brand. Use the code “EMILEE” HERE to get $10 off your order!
- Whole30 Compliant Mayo - I use this brand!
- Whole30 Compliant Ranch Dressing - Tessemae’s avocado ranch has my heart and is delicious in this recipe!
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- Red Onion
- Green Onion
- Nutritional Yeast
- Dried Dill
- Salt & Pepper
How to Make Whole30 Potato Salad
Boil the cubed potatoes until fork tender.
Drain potatoes and rinse with cold water, set aside until completely cooled.
Once cooled, season with salt and pepper to taste and add bacon, bacon fat, and red and green onions.
In a small bowl mix mayo, ranch dressing, hot sauce, nutritional yeast, and dill.
Add dressing to potatoes and mix well.
Chill for 2-3 hours, enjoy!
Can you make potato salad ahead of time?
Because potato salad is best served chilled, I have had no problems making ahead of time and serving the next day! It still tastes fresh and delicious!
You can also boil potatoes and cook bacon the day before, place in the fridge overnight and combine with the dressing the following day!
How to Store Whole30 Potato Salad
Store potato salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
More Whole30 Side Dish Recipes
Whole30 Loaded Buffalo Ranch Potato Salad
- 3 lb Red Potatoes Cubed
- 5 Slices Bacon Cooked and Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Reserved Bacon Fat
- ½ Large Red Onion Diced
- 2 Tbsp Green Onion Diced
- ⅓ C Compliant Mayo
- ½ C Compliant Ranch
- ¼ C Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 1.5 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- ½ tsp Dried Dill
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Boil the cubed potatoes until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and rinse with cold water, set aside until completely cooled.
- Once cooled, season with salt and pepper to taste and add bacon, bacon fat, and red and green onions.
- In a small bowl mix mayo, ranch dressing, hot sauce, nutritional yeast, and dill.
- Add dressing to potatoes and mix well.
- Chill for 2-3 hours, enjoy!
- Primal Kitchen, Tessemae's, and Sir Kensington's are all great Whole30 compliant mayo options
- Tessemae's Avocado Ranch is delicious in the recipe, but any compliant ranch will work!